Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Froggy Visitors

June 9, 2012


Mike and Seth were off at the Rapier Gaming Convention in Jacksonville this weekend, so I had the house to myself. It was a nice relaxing, peaceful weekend. I intended to get out and do some walking, but every time I got everything gathered, it started raining. The rain was nice though, and it meant we had some froggy visitors.

When we moved to Florida, I was surprised at the tree frogs that come out with the rain. They love to hang out on our sliding glass doors and slurp up bugs (yay!) after a rain. There are days when the glass is jam-packed with frogs. When the kids were little, I would tell them we had "froggy visitors" and we all got a kick out of looking at the undersides of the little amphibians. This one tonight wasn't so little, for a tree frog anyway:

At first I didn't like the reflection of my hand in the picture, so I took another one angled off to the side, but then this one started to grow on me, with the perfect view of his little suction cup toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment