Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Big Backyard

June 10, 2012


The hawks were particularly active and noisy this entire weekend. I think there are at least 4 of them that are now flying around our vicinity. There were two different ones that did a lot of perching on our back fence and benches, but when I tried to get a good photo of them they'd fly off. You can't really see the hawk in this picture, but I ended up liking it because it shows the really cool view of the forest behind our house.

The hawk is almost exactly in the center of the picture, resting on the fence left of the fence post.

I was annoyed with myself this weekend too. I was sitting on the couch Saturday morning and saw movement out of the corner of my eye. I looked outside the glass doors, to our deck, and not 2 feet from the door was a raccoon. My first thought was to get rid of him because raccoons are so clever and I didn't want him finding some way of getting into the house. So I made some noise and he did leave the yard, climbing over the fence. As soon as he was off in the woods, I thought "DOH! I should have taken a picture!". Grr. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment