Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hawks

June 4, 2012


The hawks around our house have another batch of young ones it seems. They have been really noisy lately, but I love having hawks so I accept it. I was out getting the mail and saw one of the adults swooping around the court. The other adult was in the nest calling, along with baby hawks piping in their own 2 cents. It was one of the few times I've actually seen any of them in the nest--it's pretty big and usually they are obscured from view down here on the ground. I took a picture even though I didn't hold out much hope the bird would be visible. You can kind of make out the lighter colored breast peeking out from the shadows about 1/3 of the way down the photo.

This is zoomed in, and I've complained about the zoom on the iphone before--the quality is pretty bad

No comments:

Post a Comment