Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Straight Shooters

Oct. 6, 2012

I'm so glad I got an announcement about the Jr. Naval ROTC's competition at EHS this year. I stumbled across the competition last year while wandering around the Eastside campus. At that time I had just finished watching the show "Top Shot" on Netflix--who knew we had our own version of it town? :)

These kids were here for the first time. I think they said they were from Evans High School.


Their instructor was a really nice man who is a veteran of the war in Afghanistan. He delivered the mail to the guys fighting out in the wilderness, which involved driving on roads they weren't sure were clear of IEDs--talk about stressful driving. Mike decided to come with me at the last minute and he was glad he did after meeting this guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment