Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Sunday, September 16, 2012

On the Bell

Sept. 5, 2012

I finally got up the courage to join the handbell choir at church. Til now I knew my back couldn't take it, but with all the work I've been doing with Charles I think I can manage it now. The choir is really good, and I knew I'd need to work to get up to speed, but I didn't realize how far behind I am. I'm in the bass clef for the first time ever, so that's a challenge for me--I don't read music, but have always just learned which notes were mine and played them; it should in theory work for the bass clef too :)

Art, the director, started out the first practice meeting with an announcement that we were playing as guests at another church in town, and we had to be there by 6:30 a.m. Ack! He took some pity on me and I only ended up playing in one piece. The entire bass clef didn't play for another piece so I wasn't the only one sitting out. It was stressful but by the end of the night I was getting it. The good news is I can only get better! :)

These aren't my bells but they were convenient for a photo

No comments:

Post a Comment