Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Smackdown

Sept. 30, 2012

JTC stumbled into hosting a pro circuit tournament--someone was in the right place at the right time and volunteered JTC as a locale when the other scheduled site fell through. This has been in the works for a couple of months and today the tournament started.

I intended to just stop by and see what was what, then go home, change into shorts and return to watch until Mike was done golfing. It didn't work out that way. There were plenty of shady spots and I got so interested in the matches I just stuck around for two of them.

I was too late to catch Sharapova's match--Daria Sharapova :)  Maria's cousin. I hope I get to catch a few more rounds throughout the week, so if she won maybe I'll see her.

I did get to see Ashley Murdock (USA) and Kim Kerwin (USA) win. Kerwin's match was grueling. She won in 2 sets but it was hard-fought against a girl named Cardenas from Venezuela. Murdock had an easy time against a girl from India, Tuli. I was surprised at how many players from other countries were participating.

Murdock about to rip a backhand

No comments:

Post a Comment