Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

13.8

Oct. 28, 2012

I haven't been able to donate blood since 2006. My iron count was too low and it just kept dropping lower each time I tried to donate. I had a doctor that was starting to look into it but then she moved and I didn't follow up with my next doctor. In April of 2011 I finally ended up in the hospital where they determined I had anemia with pretty severe iron shortages.

To cut a long story short, the problem was fixed after a few months but due to a blood transfusion I couldn't donate blood for a year. My church had the bloodmobile outside today so I thought I'd see if I was finally eligible. It was more than a year after the transfusion so that met one requirement, and the iron test needed to show at least 12.5. It came up at 13.8 :)


No comments:

Post a Comment