Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

Nov. 6, 2012

After 5000 polling calls, 1000 "vote for me" calls, 30,000 tv ads, 40,000 radio ads and 50,000 internet ads, election day is here!

The news reports this morning were already saying polling places were seeing lots of lines and waits around 45 min. Mike and I had decided to go after lunch and were dreading similar lines. But there wasn't any problem at all. We walked right inside--strangely past the tables where people were actually filling in their ballots--and went to the tables where they'd check your name against the list of voters. The funny thing was, A-O had no one waiting, and then the last 2 stations P-S and T-Z had about 3 people each; so that was our long wait--about 4 minutes for the few people ahead of us to get checked off the list and given their ballots.


I was planning on taking photos while in line outside--but since that line didn't exist and there were signs up saying you couldn't take photos inside, I didn't take any. I suppose I could have gone back to the entry point and taken a photo of the bored guy sitting there watching people walk in, but it slipped my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment