Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween

Oct. 31, 2012

I had intended to take pictures of pumpkin carving. I've wanted to make "pumpkin pi" with Seth for a few years by carving the digits of pi into smallish pumpkins. I suggested this year that we have the Mu Alpha Theta kids over for a combo practice and party, and have them carve the pumpkins, but Seth wasn't interested.

I finally decided I'd just do a truncated version myself with four pumpkins:  3, . (decimal point), 1, and 4. When I went to buy the pumpkins, all the sales places I knew of were gone. Publix only had a few pumpkins left and they were all very large. For about three seconds I considered settling for one of them and trying to carve 3.14 going around the pumpkin, but it was just too big and I didn't want to strain my back trying to lift the darn thing. So yet another year of not doing pumpkin pi. Oh well.

I settled for lighting a bunch of candles.

Mike did his customary Wed. evening round of golf. I dropped him off at the course and on the way home I stopped and took a photo of this Spider of Unusual Size:

If you look closely you can see the car that the spider caught ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment