Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Shake Shake Shake

Nov. 9, 2012

It was Gator Homecoming weekend and that means the public schools get Friday off for the parade. It's disappointing that Gainesville doesn't have a 4th of July parade, a Veterans' Day parade, or a Memorial Day parade. I kind of get the 4th of July lack--it's HOT in Florida. I wouldn't want to march in a parade in July. There are other events for Veterans' Day and Memorial Day, but we always went to parades when I was a kid and I miss them.

They cancel school for the public schools but not the university which is kind of funny. I kind of get the school cancellation too, since the cops close off University Ave. the school buses would have a hard time getting to their regular routes, but it's still weird.

I've gone to the Homecoming parade a couple of times and mostly felt like going this year so I'd have a photo for this blog :p  I got a late start though and only caught the 2nd half. (Another event I thought about attending solely for this blog was the Gator Growl pep rally Friday night, but they had some country group I'd never heard of, and Tracy Morgan. I guess I'm the only person in America that doesn't find him funny in the slightest--I had zero interest in seeing him.)

My favorite part of the parade was watching this little boy dance when a float playing a hip-hop song cruised by us :)

He was digging it


No comments:

Post a Comment