Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Sunday, January 7, 2024

Geocaching

 Jan 3, 2024

Yet another strange thing to realize: in 2012, I wasn’t geocaching. Geocaching has become such a huge part of my life! If you don’t know what geocaching is, the short answer is “a worldwide scavenger hunt”. People hide containers, usually recycled pill bottles or something like that, and post the GPS coordinates on geocaching.com for others to see. Other people then try to find it, using their smart phone app, or a handheld GPS unit like a Garmin. Each physical geocache has a logsheet for you to sign your geocaching name, and sometimes there are little toys or collectible items for people to trade. You then rehide the container as you found it, so the next person can find it. There are longer answers, of course ;) Go to geocaching.com if you want all the details and learn how to start your own account.

On Friday, the 5th, I was supposed to be going out with some friends to the Ocala National Forest and get some tougher geocaches. But I was still sick when this was planned, so we said we’d see how I was doing on Wednesday. Well, on Wednesday I was still coughing and feeling pretty beat, so I had to cancel :( I had to make do with wearing one of my super comfy Geocaching Tees ;)


===========================================================================

Adding in another segment to these blog posts: Songs I Woke Up With in My Head

I spent close to a year texting these to my son, to which he replied: “  “
Maybe it’s not that interesting, but I’m going to do it here anyway. I listen to a lot of contemporary Christian music, so the songs are almost always of that nature. And it’s usually not even my favorite song at the time, just a song I heard recently that happened to get stuck ;)

Today it was Lauren Daigle, “These Are the Days”. Let’s see if I can successfully post a link…



No comments:

Post a Comment