Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Anchorage

June 22, 2012
We went to the Anchorage zoo and it was pretty cool. The tour focused on native animals, but we walked past lots of others as well. We saw our only polar bears of the trip here.  Unfortunately, we brought a heat wave with us and it was a scalding 74 degrees--the polar bears were very inactive, just trying to keep cool. We also saw our only moose, but my only non-blurry photo still has a lot of the fence in the frame and I didn't like it much. The brown bears were very accommodating and decided to have a wrestling session right as we got to their area. I have great video of this too, but again I have to get that edited and posted. I'll try to remember to come back and link to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment