Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Did Juneau Juneau?

June 19, 2012
In Juneau we first went to Glacier Gardens, and then Mendenhall Glacier National Park. Our bus driver Scott was a riot! I wish I had written down some of his jokes, but I was too busy laughing :) Glacier Gardens is mostly located at the bottom of Thunder Mountain. A local nursery owns the land and uses it as a show garden. They also have access to an area around 600 ft. up the mountain. This whole area is the Tongass National Forest, so it's all gorgeous. To get from the lower level to the observation boardwalk at 600 ft. you have to ride in this extended golf cart that holds about 12 people. The "road" is about 6 inches wider than the cart and is pretty steep. I was petrified! This was supposed to be the Easy Level excusion, but the thrill ride to the boardwalk was probably as scary as a zip line would be to me. Ack! The view was worth it though.

Here's my dad on the boardwalk with the eastern view in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment