Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Quarter Note

July 25, 2012
Wow, it took until July 25 to talk about my quarter collecting! When the mint came out with the new States quarters I collected a set for Zach and a set for Seth. When they finished with all 50 states, the mint did a series of U.S. Territories plus Washington D.C. I'm still working on those, and now they are releasing "America The Beautiful" quarters with designs from National Parks and Monuments.

Today I picked up a Yellowstone quarter at Subway :)


My original plan was to make a States scrapbook for each boy--one page per state we visited, with photos of them and then include the quarter on the page. I have the books, and have filled in a few pages, but we didn't visit as many states as I wanted. Also, having the actual quarters on the pages makes them very heavy (not to mention Creative Memories stopped making the perfectly-sized transparent envelopes I envisioned at the beginning. I switched to using two triangle-shaped photo corner protectors, but the quarter isn't as visible through that plastic). I recently decided I'd just take photos of the quarters and include those instead of the real quarters.

No comments:

Post a Comment