Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Have You Herd?

Dec. 4, 2012

These deer have been hanging around our house in the afternoons lately. Mike sees them graze by his window each day. I think this is the same group I saw with Zach and Des over Thanksgiving weekend. There was at least one other adult with them then, and last week there was a dead adult on the side of Millhopper Rd. I think it was from this little herd. The remaining adult seems to be trying to keep the three younger ones together. I googled deer diets because I was curious what they were eating and Mike was worried they'd start eating our little tree there. My best guess after reading up on it is that they are eating all those nuts that have been falling all over Gainesville. More power to them.

Four deer and a moose :)
(on the windowsill ;)  )

No comments:

Post a Comment