Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Penultimate Day

Dec. 30, 2012

We're in a frenzy of organizing again, with the end of the year upon us and tax season right around the corner. Mike needed a new roll of tape for his label maker so we went to Office Depot. While there he also got a new shredder. We tend to kill shredders and after talking to a very helpful man there, we now know why. It's not just that you can only run it for a few minutes before it needs to cool down; it's that if you run it too hot, the rollers actually expand with the heat and will never again fit the right way (if they don't completely jam and refuse to move).

In the checkout line they had a bin of Christmas cards on sale for $2 a box. That's a great price, so I picked up two boxes. When the checkout clerk saw them she said something like "Oh, cards for next year's Christmas I guess." I felt like being a smart-aleck so I said "No, we observe Kyrgyzstani Christmas. It's in March. That's a more historically accurate time of year for Christmas." She might have believed me for a few seconds, but Seth was laughing so I think she caught on ;)

Ok, I actually said "Kurgistani" but felt obligated to look up the correct spelling.

Mike once had this comedy podcast he listened to that had an awesome song about Kyrgyzstan and various pronunciations newscasters used. We listened to it a few times before he erased it, but I wish we could find it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment