Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree

Dec. 24, 2012

I love Christmas Eve (and Christmas Eve Day). When I was a kid our family tradition was to go to church in the evening and then open presents and drink egg nog when we got home. I've continued that with my family.

My favorite moment is always singing "Silent Night" during the candlelighting, especially when the organ stops playing and the congregation sings. Double bonus at this year's service--one verse a capella, one verse in German :)  Happy Birthday Jesus!

Back at home, we opened gifts and I was surprised with a team effort from Mike and Seth. They both worked on fixing my old child-sized rocking chair! I've had this as long as I can remember, but it broke in the move from California to Florida. Mike held on to it all this time and was able to repair it this year :)


No comments:

Post a Comment