Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I've Got a Gut Feeling

Nov. 30, 2012

I learned a few weeks earlier Greg Gutfeld was coming to town and was looking forward to meeting him today. I had asked Mike to buy Greg's book for the Kindle, but the bookstore said they wouldn't let you get in line unless you had a receipt from their chain. So I thought I'd buy a copy for my dad--he watches "The Five" of which Greg is co-host. I started reading my digital copy and quickly determined my dad wouldn't get the style of humor. I thought of my friend Judy and I knew she would love it, so I decided to give it to her.

I showed up for the signing and chatted amiably with the people near me in line. A clipboard was being passed down the line to sign up for Greg's newsletter, and out of the corner of my eye as I was passing it along I saw my friend's email address listed. Well crap! >:(  Can't give the book to her if she's there getting it signed also *laugh*.

I was hoping to chat with Greg a little, but the store personnel handed out a sheet of rules which included "no chatting". I get it--you don't want the signing to take forever and he's on a tight schedule (he was heading to Tallahassee next and then Pensacola all in the same day). But it was a bummer all the same. I wanted to especially share Seth's joke that after the recent election results, a lot of kids he knows are all of a sudden applying to colleges in Colorado and Washington State ;)

Greg was very nice and did some chatting but still kept the line moving. He offered to sign my iPad but I hadn't brought it. I stuck around to see my friend get through the line as well. There was a small roped-off area from which to take photos, so I stood there and snapped a few.

Judy suggested a mutual friend that would also love the book, so hopefully it will have a home soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment