Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Busstop Rant

May 2, 2012


I was feeling particularly energetic and went for another long walk in my neighborhood.  The thing with walking in my neighborhood is that there are no 'blocks'. It's more-or-less an elongated sideways '8', with little streets leading off of the loops, and the entrance to the neighborhood is like a long tail. We live near the entrance, so for me to go for a walk it's a mile and a half to go down the tail and around the first loop of the 8, then back up the tail to my house. I often get to the halfway point and rest for a little bit. There's a nice convenient (uncomfortable but any port in a storm) cement bench at the school busstop there.

Just another cool-looking plant-based thing. I liked how the vine looped over the tree.


There was a year of my oldest son's high school experience where he had to go to that busstop to get picked up by the school bus. The bus basically drove right past our house twice to get to that stop and back out of the neighborhood, but they refused to pick him up anywhere but the stop that was 3/4 of a mile back into the neighborhood. Gotta love transportation cutbacks and bureaucracies that give drivers absolutely no leeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment