Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

March of Dimes

Mar. 4, 2012


It's that time of year again, when all of Gainesville pushes for the March of Dimes. Because of Shands, it's a really big deal here. Mike and I were under the impression that the March of Dimes was one of those non-profits that didn't put much of their money towards their actual cause, but spent the majority on administrative costs and such. I think when we were growing up in the midwest it was like that. If so, then they did clean up their act because currently they aren't too bad on the percentages--it's like 75% goes to research and 25% is overhead/admin. Anyway, I'm not opposed to the March of Dimes, and I've supported various walking teams from my church in the past. But this display at the grocery store had me smirking with cynicism:


Ok people, you are asking us to just throw money at the problem *chuckle*.

No comments:

Post a Comment