Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Confirmation Sunday

Apr. 29, 2012


It was Confirmation Sunday as 7 young people were confirmed in their baptism. I didn't know any of them, but I still get emotional as I remember my own confirmation. I also like hearing the Bible verses the kids choose.


I remember how my whole confirmation class chose our verses. On the first day of 8th grade class with the pastor, he told us all to write down any 2 Bible verses for the next class. He didn't tell us what they were for, just to bring in 2 (or maybe he did, but I didn't hear it). Well, those ended up being the verses printed in the bulletin for our confirmation 9 months later. I didn't dislike mine, but I would have put a little more thought into it if I knew that's what they would be. Psalm 23:1 would probably still have been one of them (it was also a favorite of my mom), but instead of John 3:16, I probably would have picked Ephesians 6:11--Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. The next several verses talk about various pieces of armor symbolizing truth, faith, salvation, and the Spirit. Always liked that one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment