Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

RTS

Mar. 27, 2012


My new nemesis, the Rolly Torture Stick :(  I started working with a personal trainer since my physical therapy was ending, and I wanted to keep working towards actually being in good shape. The first session was ok, but it involved a lot of talking about my issues, what I wanted to accomplish, setting a baseline for certain activities, etc. It wasn't a hard workout that day. This was session #2 and it was completely different. It was a hard workout, and at the end, my trainer Charles worked on stretching me out as well as using this rolly torture stick to try to work out adhesions in my quadriceps. It was agonizing! I thought about the torture-scene in 'Act of Valor' and thought there's no way I wouldn't spill my guts in that situation, because I barely handled the RTS--and Charles made a point of saying he was barely putting any pressure on it. Yeah, yeah, I know. I spent the next 2 days feeling like my thighs were one big black-n-blue bruise, even though there was nothing to see.


This is the one we have at home. Mike bought it because his trainer Shelly wanted him to use it on his shoulder. I have to use it on my legs. Sob.

No comments:

Post a Comment