Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Gator Gauntlet

May 26, 2012


A few weeks ago my trainer Charles mentioned he was going to participate in this, and then the newsletter from the health club talked about completing it being someone's goal. I thought it sounded kind of interesting and thought I'd go take a look.

I showed up a little before 10 a.m. and the parking was full so they were sending people to EHS to park and get on a school bus shuttling back and forth. Most of the people on the bus with me were participating, but there were a few spectators as well. The bus dropped us off on Hawthorne Rd. and we all walked back into the site.

I was wondering how they were going to keep the mud pits muddy, with the lack of adequate rain, but seems they trucked in quite a lot of water. I could only see a few portions of the race route, but it included a large mug pit in front of the castle, a thing where people had to crawl under wire like in military training, and a (small) fire line to leap.

I saw the health club group readying for their run as I was leaving. I hope they were able to finish and have fun doing so :)

These 'knights' were guarding the bridge, forcing the racers to go through the mud on either side.

I have to say that the port-o-potties at this event were the nicest I've ever seen. They had a little shelf up high so you could safely put your stuff there, as well as artwork on the walls and a hand sanitizer dispenser. Classy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment