Picture of the Day 2012

Picture of the Day: 2012. I try to take at least one picture each day. Sometimes they are exciting, sometimes not so much.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Paving Stone FTW

Mar. 2, 2012


We pulled into the health club lot and this SUV was half-out of its parking spot. I wasn't thinking and figured someone just did a really bad parking job. Cars could still get past it in a single lane and people were taking turns to get to the other side of the parking lot. I couldn't find a parking space so I dropped Mike off for his trainer appointment and circled the lot. There was no parking anywhere so I thought it was a good time to go to Starbucks :)  I got my coffee and came back to the health club. This time, the SUV was completely out of the spot and creeping towards the car parked opposite it. I was able to find another way through the lot, park, and walk over to get a closer look. Someone had the good idea of grabbing a loose paving stone and wedging it under one of the SUV's tires to try to stop it from rolling downhill and crunching into that other car.


When I went into the club, I started asking the people at the desk if they knew about this. They said "Oh yeah, we know, we know. Everyone's mentioning it." I asked "Did anyone mention it's still moving?" They made some announcements over the PA system. I guess the driver eventually showed up and moved his car back into the spot and remembered to set the parking brake this time. No crunch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment